Pure Distribution is one source for your list of tools needed by Insulators to do our trade. If you go there and tell them that you are a member of the local, they are ready to assist you with any tool needs you have. We have listed their address and phone number for your convenience below.
Pure Distribution of Oregon
3342 NW 26th Ave. #14
Portland OR 97210
(No website available at this time)
You are also welcome to get on the following websites: http://www.respiratorpartsplus.com and http://www.insulationtools.com
If you need knives or stones, please contact Dave Gamble our Apprenticeship Coordinator. He tries to keep these in stock.
The following tools are required for all apprentices and should be
brought to all apprenticeship classes.
- PIPE COVERING KNIFE – 8″ to 10″
- 2 POINTED KNIVES – 4″ to 6″
- KNIFE SHARPENING STONE
- HAND SAW (6 POINT OR PRUNING)
- WALLBOARD SAW (KEY HOLE)
- END CUTTING NIPPERS 6 ” or 8″
- THROAT TROWEL APPROX. 4 1/2″
- INDUSTRIAL SCISSORS – 6″ OR LONGER BLADES
- CARPENTERS SQUARE
- STRAIGHT CUTTING SNIPS 10″ to 12″
- DIVIDERS – SMALL AND LARGE
- NYLON STRAPS W/CLASP – SMALL, MEDIUM AND LARGE
- CAULKING GUN
- TOOL BOX, BAG OR BUCKET
- TOOL POUCH AND BELT
- TAPE MEASURE – 10′ OR LONGER
- PLIERS, CRESCENT WRENCH OR CHANNEL LOCKS
- RED AND GREEN HANDLE METAL SNIPS
- 5 WAY SCREWDRIVER
NOTE: Coveralls and appropriate footwear are also a requirement.
The following tools are not required, however they should be purchased
if needed on the job:
- HAND NOTCHER
- FLAT TROWEL
- LACING NEEDLE
- LEVEL – 3′
- RAZOR KNIFE
- SCRATCH AWL
- TRAMEL POINTS
- BUNGEE CORD 10′ OR LONGER
- PALM PAD
- BULL NOSE TROWEL
- CHALK LINE
Your employer should provide you with the following items as needed: It should be remembered that these tools remain in the ownership of your employer and that you are responsible for their safekeeping while in your possession:
- HARD HAT
- DRILL MOTOR (120 volt or rechargeable)
- STAPLE GUN
- POWER METAL TOOLS
- Or any other employer provided tools.
While an Apprentice you are subject to a “TOOL CHECK”. If you are not in compliance with this tool check, you are subject to a JATC Review.