You are the Union!
In the Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers Local 36, you are the union. You come together with your co-workers; you nominate and elect union officers; you determine the working conditions and concerns that will be bargained in a contract; you will be part of a larger movement to improve the lives of working men and women in the workplace and in their communities.
On becoming a member, the more workers join together for the good of all, the more management listens to what they have to say. In Unions there is strength. Without a union, you have only a few rights, such as minimum wage, overtime after 40 hours and unemployment insurance. With a union, you enjoy numerous other benefits guaranteed in a union contract, such as:
- Negotiated wages, health care and retirement plans
- Defined work schedules
- Grievance procedures
- Reasonable workload requirements
- Protection from unfair treatment and favoritism by the boss
- Job security and seniority rights
- And a voice on the job to bargain for other benefits